Latest buzz on twitter

Alpha Worship Sets
3 replies
We're trying to put together our Alpha Worship Set for this session's Alpha class. Would any of you be willing to share your full set list with me to get a feel for what songs you're using? Grace and peace, ECC
Hey Eric I'll try and post ours after the weekend Al
Hi Erik, I work with Al at HTB as one of the worship leaders. One of my responsibilities is leading worship on Alpha. Here is the list of songs we did last term: WEEK 1 O LORD MY GOD (A) HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD (A) WEEK 2 HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD (A) AMAZING GRACE (E) WEEK 3 O LORD MY GOD (A) EVERLASTING GOD (A) WEEK 4 EVERLASTING GOD (A) HERE I AM TO WORSHIP (E) WEEK 5 AMAZING GRACE (E) HERE I AM TO WORSHIP (E) WEEK 6 O LORD MY GOD (A) I STAND AMAZED (G) WEEKEND AWAY O LORD MY GOD (A) HAPPY DAY (C) BLESSED BE YOUR NAME (B)/(A) LOVE CAME DOWN (A) MIGHTY TO SAVE (A) HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD (A) CONSUMING FIRE (G) THE STAND (A) THIS IS MY DESIRE (G) I STAND AMAZED (G) I WILL OFFER UP MY LIFE (D) WEEK 7 BLESSED BE YOUR NAME (A) MIGHTY TO SAVE (A) WEEK 8 BLESSED BE YOUR NAME (A) HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD (A) WEEK 9 O LORD MY GOD (A) MIGHTY TO SAVE (A) HERE I AM TO WORSHIP (E) WEEK 10 EVERLASTING GOD (A) MIGHTY TO SAVE (A) I STAND AMAZED (G) WEEK 11 BLESSED BE YOUR NAME (A) EVERLASTING GOD (A) AMAZING GRACE (G) In the first few weeks we try and use a hymn and a contemporary song. We do this mix specifically because people might recognize a hymn from when they were at school or in church previously, but we also don't want them to be shocked by a modern song on a sunday. We also try and sing songs that are more objective at the start of the course e.g. O Lord my God or The splendour of the King. The guests then don't feel pushed into singing something they're not ready to sing or believe e.g. Here I am to worship As the course goes on we use more songs and the weekend is a time when we really branch out by using songs that we're doing in church at that time. I hope that helps. Thanks, Luke