10 Questions // Vicky Beeching
Vicky Beeching answers our 'Ten Questions'...
1) Where are you right now? At the Spring Harvest Offices in Uckfield, UK.
2) What's in your pocket? My iPhone...It's always in my pocket or in my hand!
3) Latest set list? Yesterday Today and Forever, Blessed Be Your Name, Deliverer, Break Our Hearts, Glory To God Forever.
4) Last album you purchased? Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More.
5) Best piece of advice you ever received? Treat people the way you would love to be treated. And never stop learning and growing.
6) How do you stay sharp? Being around people who stretch and challenge me, by getting input through books and media and by carving out times of quiet and stillness.
7) What do you do 5 minutes before you lead worship? Take a few moments of silence to ask the Holy Spirit to come. And last minute guitar tuning!
8) Biggest worship horror moment? At a worship event held at Disneyworld Florida, I was playing on a stage that rose up from ten feet below floor-level on hydraulics (a bizarre thing for any worship leader!!). The hydraulics failed and the stage got stuck half way up. I got trapped in the 10ft shaft for almost an hour!
9) How would you define worship? Becoming a living embodiment of our love for God, in the way we relate to him, the way we sing, we think, we speak and live.
10) One encouragement to worship leaders? Look at your ministry as a marathon not a sprint - build deep foundations of intimacy with God and never let your public schedule get fuller than your time alone with God.