10 Questions // Pete Wilson
Pete Wilson answers our 'Ten Questions'...
1) Where are you right now? At Club Nokia in downtown LA with Reuben Morgan and the Hillsong team, doing a Hillsong Live event here...starting in about 30mins.
2) What's in your pocket? Two guitar picks, a hotel room key, some US dollars mixed up with British pounds, a boarding pass, a luggage tag, a car valet tag, my house key and an in-ears pack. Need to have a clean out.
3) Latest set list?
- No Reason - Take It All - Hosanna - You Are Here (Same Power) - Run - You - Yahweh - Hallelujah (tag) - Awakening - With Everything - Tell The World - Yours Forever - One Way
4) Last album you purchased?
- Bonobo, Black Sands. (Great house party music). - TobyMac, Tonight. (Got a lot of respect for Toby...love all his music). - Jonsi & Alex, Riceboy Sleeps. (Pure atmospheric bliss). - David Guetta, One Love. (This guy is a genius). - Bombay Bicycle Club, I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose. (Good times music).
5) Best piece of advice you ever received? You can't have what others have, without doing what they've done (most of which is unseen).
6) How do you stay sharp? Get up early, before everyone else in the house and spend some time listening to God, thinking & planning. Then try and get to the gym or go for a run.
7) What do you do 5 minutes before you lead worship? Remind myself of the main objective; that people encounter God in such a real way that they can't help but worship Him and in the process be transformed.
8) Biggest worship horror moment? Wow. Too many to narrow it down to one. Contenders for the top spot would be:
- Starting the wrong song with the band playing the right song. Could not recover...had to stop and start over. - Falling asleep on stage. - Singing the wrong lyrics...so many times! - Singing with Israel Houghton and he throws to me to sing the 2nd verse, but I can't remember the lyrics, so just sing the 1st verse again, with all of New Breed looking at me sideways! - Falling over after a spectacular jump off the drum riser.
9) How would you define worship? Our natural response when we realise the majesty, awesome power, grace & love of Jesus our God.
10) One encouragement to worship leaders? Give your lives, dreams & aspirations to the cause of Christ. Together we are the Church of Jesus and when we accept the part He has given us in the body (without striving or comparing), then we find a true sense of significance. Don't get disillusioned with your current circumstance or your anxiety about the future. Trust Him with the entirety of your life. He is God and He is good.