10 Questions // Nick Herbert
Nick Herbert answers our 'Ten Questions'...
1) Where are you right now? Sitting at home watching my only vice: 'Midsomer Murders'.
2) What's in your pocket? Absolutely nothing!
3) Latest set list? Our god is mercy, Jesus saves, You Never Let Go, Mighty to save, Be high and lifted up, Here is love, Counting on your name, Keep the faith.
4) Last album you purchased? Alicia Keys - The Element of Freedom.
5) Best piece of advice you ever received? 'Give all your fears to God'.
6) How do you stay sharp? Retreats - days away simply with the agenda of meeting God - no guitar - no computer reading/praying/waiting... amongst other things - sharpness for me is being more aware of God's presence.
7) What do you do 5 minutes before you lead worship? After praying with the team I usually chat to the band.
8) Biggest worship horror moment? After a great evangelistic talk by our vicar at a guest service, he nodded at the band and me to get up and do a great finishing song. I thought 'Amazing Grace' would do the trick so started playing my guitar confidently... And unfortunately, in completely the wrong key. I started 'Aaaaaa...' and had to slide up the vocal range to try and hit the correct note... And kept going up... And up! Eventually I found the note - way too high for me and sang the whole first verse about an octave higher than it should have been! I think we all had tears in our eyes by the end!
9) How would you define worship? Worship belongs to God - it begins and ends with Him.
10) One encouragement to worship leaders? Don't be afraid to bring your private cry of your heart into the public - be authentic.